January News Letter
Welcome to 2017! We hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season full of laughter and safe travels. We were able to wind up 2016 with our 1st Annual Husky Day, what a great success! Parents, community all joined HHES students and staff to engage in reading, writing and math activities during our celebration. Students celebrated the closing of 2016 in fine fashion with visits from Santa, reading from police officers, nurses, Agape House just to name a few. Once again we are reminded what a great community we live in! One Team…One Goal
Hermiston Police Department Christmas Express Program
- Congratulations Ms. Stocker’s class for earning a Pizza Party from Hermiston Police Department for being the class with the most canned food items brought in!
- Highland Hills brought in the most canned items per student! Great job and thank you for supporting our community!
Student Pick up and Drop off
- Parents, please DO NOT leave vehicles unattended in the pickup and drop off lanes. If you would like to walk your child to their classroom or pick them up at the door, please use a parking space. The flow of traffic is VERY important in our small parking lot.
- Please be courteous. None of us want to wait in line and we are all in a hurry to get somewhere else. Our parking lot dynamics will not change, but you can have an impact on how the flow of the traffic happens by joining us in creating a positive environment.
- If YOU would like to affect change, please join us at the next PTO meeting, Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:00 PM at HHES Library.
- 1-9-17 – iReady Diagnostic Testing begins
- 1-16-17 – No School, Martin Luther King Day
- 1-18-17 – Vision Screening in Library 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 1-19-17 – Breakfast of Champions
- 1-23-17 – Teacher In-Service, NO School for Students
- 2-1-17 – Chamber Banquet, Conference Center, 6:00 PM
- 2-17-17 – Teacher In-Service, No School for Students
- 2-20-17 – No School, Presidents Day
- 3-21-17 – Conferences 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- 3-23-17 – Conferences all day, NO School for students
- 3-24-17 – No School
- 3-27-17 – Spring Break Begins, No School
- 4-3-17 – School Resumes following Spring Break
Thank you everyone for supporting Highland Hills and joining us in becoming a “unified team fostering growth for ALL students and staff alike, in a positive learning environment through RIGOR, RELEVANCE and RELATIONSHIPS!
HHES – One Team…One Goal
Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org