August 8, 2017
Dear Highland Hills Kindergarten Families,
I hope that your summer months have been filled with family and friends, and are now getting ready for the Umatilla County Fair, that is quickly approaching. With the arrival of Fair, the reality is that school is right around the corner and we are preparing to welcome new HUSKIES to Highland Hills!
With the first day of school approaching quickly, the excitement of sending your child to their first is overwhelming! I am overjoyed to share the first day of school with your kindergartner as well as working with families and staff to maintain, and explore learning opportunities.
This year we will be conducting a “soft start” approach. Below is a list of dates, and the outline of our process to help accomplish this transition. If at any time you have questions, please contact us.
Kinder Assessment – August 28 and 29
- Assessments will help prepare our teachers to best support your child as they enter school. These dates will be August 28, and August 29
- Cathy will be contacting you by phone to set a time for you and your child to come into the school for the assessment. The assessment should take approximately 20 minutes.
Open House – August 29, 5:30PM to 6:30 PM
- Open House – class lists will be posted on room 9, 10, and 11 as these are our kindergarten rooms.
- The intent of Open House is to meet your teacher and learn routines and procedures!
- Meet the Principal and review procedures for the school year.
- Meet Mrs. Morgan our school counselor and your teacher!
First Day of School
- August 30, for Kindergarten students only. Grades first thru fifth start on August 28.
- School begins at 8:00 AM. Classroom doors open at 7:55 AM for students to enter.
- Breakfast is served and supervision is taking place in the cafeteria starting at 7:30 AM every day.
- Students are released from school at 2:30 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday we have early release and students are released at 1:45 PM.
Please check our website for further information and supply list. Should questions arise, please contact us, we are excited to help and can’t wait to see those smiling faces on the first day of school!
Jake Bacon – Principal
Highland Hills Elementary