Meet the Principal
Updated March 28, 2018
Welcome to the 2017-18 school year!
Just a little about me, I am starting my second year as principal at Highland Hills and fourth year in the Hermiston School District. My family, (wife, 2 sons and daughter) and I live here in Hermiston with our 15 chickens, 2 ducks, one dog and my daughter just sold her pig at the Umatilla County Fair! We enjoy living in the Hermiston community and LOVE being a Highland Hills Husky!
Our team at HHES has been working over the summer preparing for our students return! We are able to welcome new team members to HHES this year:
- Music Teacher – Mrs. Cooley
- Title One Teacher – Mrs. Hall
- Special Education Teacher – Mrs. Ross
- 3rd Grade Teacher – Mrs. Cook
- Educational Assistant – Stephanie Edwards
- Educational Assistant – Samantha Linkel
Our mission at HHES – Unified team, fostering growth for students and staff alike, in a positive learning environment through rigor, relevance and relationships! To be summed up in four words, ONE TEAM…ONE GOAL. We encourage staff, students and community to join us in our mission as we work to create an amazing learning environment for everyone!
We can’t wait to see you when school starts! Below are some important dates and information to review.
Mr. Bacon – Principal
- Grades 1-5, August 24, 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Kindergarten, August 29, 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Grades 1-5, August 28, 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Kindergarten, August 30, 8:00 AM to 1:45 PM (early release day)
- School Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Wednesday (early release) – 8:00 AM to 1:45 PM
- Classroom doors open at 7:55 AM, Cafeteria and Playgrounds open for students at 7:30 AM
- Contacting Highland Hills
- All visitors must check in at the main office upon arrival
- Visits to the classrooms needs to be scheduled with the teacher and check in at the office upon arrival
- Any items that need to be delivered during the school day, please bring them or have them delivered to the main office
- Due to our high volume of activity, please provide notes to the office a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the end of the school day so we can ensure proper delivery of information to students.
- School Phone 541-667-6500
- Drop off and Pick up Procedures
- Please pull all the way forward in the drop off lanes even when there aren’t any cars behind you
- If you need to walk your child to class or your child needs help getting out of the car, please use a parking space that we have opened up for you
- Students should exit on the building side of the drop off lanes for safety
- Following drop off procedures reduced last year in the morning reduced student tardies by 3%!