Meet the Principal
Updated July 11, 2019
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year!
Just a little about me, I began working in the Hermiston School District in 2015-16 school year as an assistant principal at Hermiston High School. I spent two years at the High School before joining the Highland Hills team in July of 2017. My family, wife, 2 sons and daughter and I live here in Hermiston. Our kids are involved in Parks and Rec activities, 4H and volunteering around the community. We enjoy living in the Hermiston community and LOVE being a Highland Hills Husky!
Our team at HHES has been working over the summer preparing for our students return! We are able to welcome new team members to HHES this year:
- 3rd Grade Teacher – Mackenzie Juul
- Title One Teacher – Catherine Dotson
- Educational Assistant – Yazell Chavez
- Educational Assistant – Christina Shipman
- Educational Assistant – Laura Villagrana
- 1st Grade Teacher – Kara Church
- Lead Secretary – Lindy Thompson
- Educational Assistant – Tawny Haskett
- Educational Assistant – Polina Dempsey
- Lead Custodian – Kiya Ottmar
Our mission at HHES – We believe in a positive & collective learning environment through rigor, relevance and relationships for all! To be summed up in four words, ONE TEAM…ONE GOAL. We encourage staff, students and community to join us in our mission as we work to create an amazing learning environment for everyone!
We can’t wait to see you when school starts! Below are some important dates and information to review.
Mr. Bacon – Principal
How To Stay Informed
- Monthly Newsletter sent home and posted on Remind 101, Facebook and Website
- Join our Remind 101 App – Highland Hills Information, Enter This Number 81010 and text this message @4h9gd
- Follow our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HighlandHillsElementarySchool/?ref=bookmarks
- Follow our Twitter page - https://twitter.com/HighlandHillsES or @HighlandHillsES
- Instagram coming soon!
- Grades K-5, August 22, 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Grades 1-5, August 26, 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Kindergarten, August 28, 8:00 AM to 1:45 PM (early release Wednesday)
- School Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Wednesday (early release) – 8:00 AM to 1:45 PM
- Classroom doors open at 7:55 AM, Cafeteria and Playgrounds open for students at 7:30 AM
- Contacting Highland Hills
- All visitors check in at the main office upon arrival
- Visits to the classrooms are scheduled in advance with the teacher
- Any items that need to be delivered during the school day will be dropped off in the office and delivered by the office
- Please use our Attendance Hotline for notes and for absences. To gain the code please contact the office.
- Due to our high volume of activity, please provide notes to the office a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the end of the school day so we can ensure proper delivery of information to students.
- School Phone 541-667-6500
- Drop off and Pick up Procedures
- Please pull all the way forward in the drop off lanes at all times
- If you need to walk your child to class or your child needs help getting out of the car, please use a parking space that we have opened up for you
- Students should exit on the building side of the drop off lanes for safety